Sunday, January 08, 2006

Chronicles of Narnia...

A colleague told me that the movie, The Chronicles of Narnia, the lion the witch and the wardrobe is a movie so amazing that it beats Harry Potter... and being a Harry Potter fan... I objected... almost instantly even before she finishes her sentence. But her telling me that its better than Harry Potter left me curious... Me and my gf went to see the movie late this afternoon... and I'm quite amazed to see the theater jam-packed with people, fortunately when we went inside the movie was about to finish so we didn’t have to wait that long to find a seat.

The movie starts with bomber planes bombing the town of our protagonists, and because of the war they were sent to a professor who lives far away from the town... from the war zone... in there they found the wardrobe which led them to the world of Narnia...

The graphics was quite nice, specially the lion, with his fluffy mane moving with the wind... the gryphon’s, centaurs and minotaur was made nicely... imagine if Exodus where able to pull-off such graphics... oh well... its possible but I don't think were anything near from that possibility.

The downside of this movie for me was the storyline... maybe the story was ok for children… but comparing it to Harry Potter... was like comparing a speck of dust to a mountain :D and I'm not exaggerating!... may be a bit hehehe!

Another downside were the children… our mighty protagonists… how in world did they learned to fight without any practice? They only stayed at Narnia for two days, met Santa Claus who gave them weapons and voila! They became warriors, killing hordes of Minotaur, Cyclops and even do serious sword fighting with the ice queen… who kills Gryphon’s and Centaurs in a single hit… well who’s to blame anyway… it’s a world of talking beavers and horses… what else can you expect?

Well this are just my opinions… well some of it…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home