Monday, April 24, 2006

Another Trip

Having the car really got me going again... unlike before during the weekends... all I do is sleep, sing and watch TV... now waking up on saturdays seems to open new possibilities... I cant wait to have everything fixed so I can do my long planned road trip to Bicol. Why Bicol? This may seem a bit weird but I want to go to Bicol because I want to visit someone I met 5 years ago...

I myself can’t understand why I need to visit that person... well the place itself seems very intriguing Mt. Mayon and the buried church… the food, the locals. I think I made a promise to myself 5 years ago that I will visit this place and specially this person someday… Before, I was planning to go on my motorcycle, but since it was in a really bad shape during those days… and not having the money… I was not able to do the trip… But now the possibility of driving to Bicol swells larger.

The more I think of it… the more I become excited… all I need now is a digicam and pocket money… I really don’t care if I get lost during this trip… what’s the essence of having a road trip if you know exactly where you are going? The adventure and fun of it all starts when everywhere you look seems to open a new chapter in your mind… recording everything… indulging in the learning sensation.

But until now, why is this trip seems very important to me? Maybe 5 years ago having this feeling is normal… but now? What kind of hold does this person got into me? She’s already married… and already have kids… so… why does it still excites me when I think of seeing the look of her face when I visit her… look for her… Maybe lightning struck me hard 5 years ago that I can still feel the electricity on my veins. Maybe seeing her again might quench the thirst I’m having… or maybe… to get rid of all the questions… and regrets… or maybe… I just want to see Mt. Mayon… simple as that.

I’ve already been to Lucban Quezon, Antipolo, Tagaytay, Laguna hehehe… maybe Zambales or Pampanga this May… but a promise is a promise… I will visit Bicol this year… a road trip 5 years in the making… a road trip that will surely satisfy my soul… my lagalagag na soul…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home